Application Delivery Engineer
|Job Title:||Application Delivery Engineer|
|Location:||Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £38000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Steph Hoffman|
|Job Published:||August 29, 2019 10:20|
As a driving force in the development of enterprise and internet technology, the company has grown rapidly into a global operation
A key part of this operation is the application team, who are responsible for the delivery, administration, maintenance and continual service improvement . The team is also responsible for engineering across a wide range of highly available technologies which underpin a large amount of the back office services and applications
As an application delivery engineer, the focus of the role is the delivery of virtualised applications and desktops across multiple sites
Essential skills and experience includes:
- Experience of working on highly available large scale enterprise platforms.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Windows Server, Windows Desktop and Linux operating systems.
- Strong troubleshooting methodology and experience of troubleshooting production system issues.
- Understanding of Network Load Balancers, LANs and Firewalls.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities, work independently, multitask and meet tight deadlines.
- Experience of delivering structured technical projects.
- Can do attitude and willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to create cohesive and accurate technical documentation.
- Ability to present and communicate technical ideas to senior business stakeholders.
On a daily basis, you will be :
- Maintaining uptime, capacity and availability of all platforms with the remit of the post.
- Troubleshooting and resolving service affecting incidents and problems within the remit of the post.
- Responding to technical issues escalated to the team and restoration services within expected timescales.
- Contributing to a problem analysis investigation role.
- Planning and delivering complex system upgrades and maintenance programmes.
- Analysing services and making service improvements recommendations.
- Communicating effectively with senior managers and stakeholders when handling escalated incidents or issues.
- Creating and maintaining documentation, including systems configuration, processes, test and project plans.
- Analysing performance optimisation and tuning.
- Providing technical guidance and support the 2nd line support teams
- Practical experience in a similar role within a medium to large environment.
- Experience and knowledge of application virtualisation technologies, such as Microsoft App-V, Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop and AppSense will be advantageous.
- Experience and knowledge of hypervisor technologies.
- Powershell scripting.
- Holder of relevant industry recognised qualifications.
- Understanding of ITIL principles.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Service Delivery Engineer
West Midlands, England
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
Delivery Manager - Perm
City of London, London
£45000.00 - £65000 per annum + Great pension
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
Infrastructure Engineer / DevOps Engineer / IT Engineer
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus, Benefits, Equity
Software Test Engineer
£40000.00 - £45000 per annum + Excellent Benefits