|Job Title:||Data Analyst|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Nick Macleay|
|Job Published:||December 18, 2019 14:27|
A unique opportunity to join the leading market research company for the alcoholic beverages industry. The data is used by the major multinational wine, spirits and beer companies, as well as financial analysts and alcoholic beverage market suppliers.
You will be responsible for managing the receipt, processing and visualisation of all external data that supports research programme, as well as a small number of major client data projects.
This role would suit a can-do individual who enjoys the challenge of delivering data using sufficient existing processes and supporting continuous improvement of tactical solutions, as we move towards a strategic cloud-based data management solution. There will be opportunity to grow with the solution's development.
Key responsibilities of the role
Managing the collection, processing and analysis of external data sets to support the company's core in-market research efforts.
- Data pipelines and collection: managing the collection of data from external data sources including macroeconomic and trade data from publicly available sources, as well as client data and other company solutions.
- Data processing & analysis: work with the Technology team to design the most effective method of processing and analysing the different data sets, which includes cleaning and aligning brand lines and categories from company data.
- Manage the modelling of key data sets, including the generation of long-range forecasts and analytical outputs for custom client projects. Understand the business needs
Essential skills & experience
You will be a data professional, with skills in the following areas:
- SQL coding with experience creating and maintaining stored procedures.
- SQL Server Integration Services or similar
- Data Manipulation - Using SQL and PowerQuery.
- Advanced Excel (pivot tables, vlookup, advanced filtering)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluency in English
- Stakeholder management - Working with nontechnical staff to understand their objectives
- Experience translating business requirements into data activities
If this is a role that you would be interested in then get in touch today.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's