Data Governance Consultant
|Job Title:||Data Governance Consultant|
|Location:||West Midlands, W. Midlands, England|
|Salary:||£450 - £500 per day|
|Contact Name:||Katherine Clarke|
|Job Published:||September 11, 2019 09:57|
Role: Data Governance Consultant
Location: West Midlands
Day Rate: £450 - £500
Duration: 6 months
I am currently looking for a Data Governance Consultant to join our client's team in Worcestershire. You will be working on a 6-month basis and will be conducting an over audit on current processes, as well have day to day responsibility for the organisations Data Protection related matters, including but not limited to, compliance with GDPR.
To play a key role in the continuous improvement of current processes and GDPR compliance mechanisms. As well as, develop and support projects that support compliance with data protection.
* Collect information to identify processing activities across all organisation areas.
* Analyse and check the compliance of processing activities.
* Highlight any gaps in compliance.
* Inform, advise and issue recommendations to the controller or the processor in matters of compliance with GDPR requirements.
* Oversee data subject access requests for compliance.
* Consider cross-border data-sharing
* Consider and manage data security.
Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA)
* Determine whether or not to carry out a PIA.
* Advise what methodology to follow to carry out a PIA.
* Advise whether to carry out a PIA in-house or whether to outsource.
* Determine what safeguards apply to mitigate risk.
* Determine whether or not the assessment has been correctly carried out and whether its conclusions are in compliance with GDPR.
Co-operate with the Supervisory Authority
* Act as a point of contact for the supervisory authority on issues relating to processing and reporting.
* Ensure data breach processing and reporting mechanisms.
* Consult, where appropriate with regard to any other matter.
Risk based approach
* Ensure that activities are prioritised and focus on issues that present higher data protection risks
* Notify directly impacted individuals if required on breach.
* Liaise with management on breaches and risk.
* Ensure that relevant inventories and registers of processing operations are accurately recorded and maintained.
* Oversee data record keeping and security measures.
* Oversee training activities to raise awareness of data protection principles.
* The above forms the main areas of responsibility for this role, but it is not exhaustive, and it should be noted that duties may change over time, so the need for flexibility is key and the job-holder will be expected to co-operate with reasonable changes as required.
If this role sounds like you then please apply below or send over your CV and contact number to Katherine.clarke @ Talentinternational.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's