|Latest jobs:||Fareham, Hampshire|
|Salary:||£300 - £500 per day|
|Job Published:||11 days ago|
Organisation: Office for national statistics (ONS)
Outcome: Provide Data Science skills to support the Census Processing delivery goals using the ONS Data Access Platform (DAP)
Background: A team is being formed within the ONS Digital, Services and Technology (DST) Directorate to support our Census colleagues to:
1. Manage migrations to DAP (CDME/SRE etc.)
2. Manage Census Processing Specific Deliverables (Canceis, SAS, integrations)
3. Support Census Processing team deliver an automated processing system
- Provide subject matter expertise on data processing technology and application of it (i.e. Cloudera Spark/Hive/HDFS etc.) within the office.
- Provide a frontline problem solving capability for issues that front end users are experiencing
- Provide a guidance and advice service to teams; for example spend a day/week with a team to support them.
- Promote and enable good practice within the Census Processing system
- Provide an on demand data science service for Census to ensure key deliverables are expedited
- Work with Software engineers and other DST team members to support the end to end processing solution for the 2021 Census
- Expert in Data Science techniques using R and/or Python.
- Expert in utilising Spark for distributed computing tasks.
- Familiarity with Cloudera toolset desirable (HUE, Hive, Impala, Data Science Workbench, HDFS, Avro, Parquet).