|Job Title:||DevOps Engineer|
|Location:||Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, E. Midlands, England|
|Salary:||£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sean Garbutt|
|Job Published:||September 12, 2019 09:18|
£55,000 - £60,000
My client is an innovative technology company working with a variety of organisations stretching across financial, government and public safety sectors. They are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join their team to help grow and implement a number of DevOps technologies and processes.
Working closely with the DevOps Manager your main purpose will be:
- Implement DevOps technologies and processes and develop tooling to aid and supplement the off-the-shelf tools.
- Work closely with other business units to train and mentor DevOps principles and practices.
- Design, implement and maintain platform infrastructure.
- Train and mentor junior team members in day-to-day DevOps work.
- Involved in communicating with the Product team to identify their needs and then create and review these technical requirements.
- Involved in questioning and clarifying requirements with the Product team as necessary as development progresses
- Accountable for ensuring code reviews are carried out.
- Involved in assisting support teams in bug fixing of released functionality.
- Developing tooling to supplement product capabilities and also to supplement development team capabilities.
- Implementing and maintaining CI/CD processes, technologies and tools.
- Troubleshooting deployment incidents if they happen.
- Developing and maintaining technical documentation.
- Work across multiple engineering teams, breaking down silos and identifying common threads, issues and solutions to offer enhanced development practices
It is essential that the individual has advanced applicable knowledge and skills in relation to some of the following -
- Build systems - Jenkins, Azure DevOps
- Automation technologies - Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Source control and code management - GitHub, Bitbucket
- Public Cloud - Azure
- Containers - Docker, Kubernetes
- Scripting language - Python, Bash, Powershell
Culture & Experience
- The desire to work in a faced paced environment.
- Knowledge of software development life-cycles.
- Creative and capable of presenting ideas for systems improvements
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Experience delivering cloud-based CI/CD solutions
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development
- Good knowledge of API-driven, extensible, loosely coupled systems
- Good knowledge relating to automation, security, stability and scalability in private and public cloud environments.
If you think this could be the opportunity for you then please forward on your CV and if you have the relevant skillset you will be contacted within 48 hours!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Azure DevOps Lead
£22 - £23 per annum
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
Test Lead Automation Engineer
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£500.00 - £550.00 per day
Senior Network Security Engineer
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
Test Engineer - Permanent - Manchester - Up to £35k
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£25000 - £35000 per annum