|Latest jobs:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||Up to £70000.00 per annum + Benefits|
|Job Published:||26 days ago|
Senior Software Engineer - 70K
Python / Full-stack /AWS / Docker / Terraform / Google cloud
About the role
- We like to solve complex video problems for our clients
- We are a Media and Entertainment (M&E) consulting partners
- Our client base includes major broadcasters, global advertising agencies, compliance and ratings organisations, Fortune 500 and FTSE 100 corporations, and retail organisations
- We work with the latest in AI and machine learning technologies as part of our content enrichment strategy for clients
If this sounds like something you would love to be part of and consider yourself an experienced Software Engineer, looking for a new and exciting opportunity we would love to hear from you.
We give you as much responsibility as you can handle. We solve problems and overcome challenges for a living here.
We're looking for a like minded engineer to join and be an integral part of our ever-growing team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside a team of dedicated professionals and experts that are truly some of the best in their field.
You'll be working on many client projects, from public facing applications to internal engineering tools and integrating the software we sell with third-party systems and services. We are focused on delivering tools and applications to improve the workflow experiences for our customers and provide insightful business intelligence tasks. We care about system stability and providing excellent customer support. We like to build quickly, evolve and try to find a good balance between predictable stability and rapid development.
We're looking for someone who:
- Is excited by the chance to build something new as part of a small team with a startup mentality within an ever-changing market
- Has a perpetual curiosity around technology
- Enjoys coding in multiple languages across different platforms
- Knows how to make a pull-request (and provide feedback on others)
- Happy being client facing with good communication skills. Consulting experience in a client environment is a plus
- Comfortable working on a Mac but deploying to Linux servers
- Familiar with cloud services but also self-hosted FOSS alternatives.
- Thinks every good feature deserves a unit test or two
- Believes in refactoring (tomorrow will come)
- Has opinions on product design
- Has the capability to work autonomously as well as part of a team taking a leadership role where required
- Brings a problem solving capability and ownership of a problem through to resolution
You will be able to demonstrate the following
- Ideally, you have 5-10 years of software development experience across backend systems and the web. Experience with media technologies is a bonus
- Full stack development experience covering the skills listed as part of the job description
- Video workflow experience in the management, storage and distribution of video and audio assets
- Cloud architecture experience building and deploying solutions in AWS and Google primarily. Other cloud platforms is an added bonus
- Architecting solutions utilsiing traditional on premise infrastructure as well as hybrid cloud infrastructures
- Delivery experience using Scrum and Kanban methodologies
- Ability to develop requirements as user stories with associated acceptance criteria
- Architecting solutions as part of client tenders and exposure to RFP processes
- Consulting and pre-sales experience