|Job Title:||Infrastructure Engineer|
|Location:||Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sean Garbutt|
|Job Published:||June 26, 2019 16:10|
£35,000 - £40,000 (doe)
Would you like to be part of a market leading global organisation that is a driving force in the development of technology?
My client is constantly growing and looking for individuals to join their team and make their mark on the company. An Infrastructure Engineer you will play a vital part in the ongoing maintenance and break fix of all server assets across the organisation.
This role encompasses a number of different elements and allows for you as an individual to gain a broad knowledge of the server hardware and operating systems that underpin the business.
- Providing hardware break fix support.
- Deploying software packages.
- Operating system and firmware/driver testing and deployment.
- Creating and deploying baselines for drivers, firmware and operating system patches.
- Scripting for automation of tasks.
- Creating and maintaining documentation of new and existing processes and procedures.
- Liaising with third party vendors to resolve hardware and software issues.
Essential Experiences & Skills
- Linux - RHEL 6/7CentOS - base administration and troubleshooting.
- Windows - 2008, 2012, 2016 - base administration and troubleshooting.
- ESXi/VMWare - base understanding.
- Troubleshoot complex hardware problems to identify root cause.
- Identify areas of improvement and actively work to resolve them.
- Create documentation of a high standard to use within the team.
- Troubleshooting HPe, Dell, Supermicro server hardware.
- Experience of hardware vendor monitoring tools (Dell, OpenManage, HPe Overview).
- Understanding of Automation Concepts
- Troubleshooting server hardware to establish root cause.
- Demonstrate ability to complete basic scripting.
If you believe that you have the required experience for this position or want to find out more then please apply or forward me your most recent CV and all applications will be replied to within 48 hours!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's