|Job Title:||Infrastructure Engineer|
|Location:||Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Steph Hoffman|
|Job Published:||July 16, 2019 11:41|
As a highly successful organisation, my client has rapidly grown into a global operation delivering their services to millions of customers across the world
To support their rapidly expanding organisation, they are in need of an infratsructure engineer to join their operations team to aid in the system monitoring, performance and capacity management inprovements
Essential skills include:
- Effective time management, organisation and prioritising work to meet deadlines.
- An active communicator on technical issues and solutions both within and outside of the team.
- Strong knowledge of operating system stack and upstream or downstream application, database and network services.
- Exposure to configuration management, orchestration and automation tools; such as Ansible.
- Previous experience in supporting highly available, web application systems at scale.
- Experience in supporting containerised workloads.
- Experience with log aggregators, including Splunk or LogStash.
- Scripting/development experience preferably with one of more of bash, Python, Golang, Powershell, C#, HTML5, CSS3.
- Knowledge in some or all of core infrastructure services, data protection and storage, security, networking, virtualisation and containerised technology.
On a day to day basis, you will be:
Creating and maintaining technical documentation.
Applying a software engineering mind set to system administration.
Providing reactive and proactive support for enterprise computer and storage systems.
Major incident and problem resolution, via deep dive analysis.
Developing infrastructure system monitoring, performance and capacity management improvements.
Defining and automating infrastructure processes and routines.
Identifying areas for continuous improvement through automation, documentation, process or working methods.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Infrastructure Engineer - Permanent - North West
Bolton, Greater Manchester
Senior Frontend Engineer / React / Typescript / d3.js / Remote
£75000 - £76000 per annum + Bonus, Benefits, Equity
Data-driven Delivery Manager
Up to £500 per annum
Full Stack Developer
£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + Company benefits and pension