|Job Title:||Infrastructure Engineer|
|Location:||Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Steph Hoffman|
|Job Published:||January 15, 2020 09:52|
As a highly successful organisation, my client has rapidly grown into a global operation delivering their services to millions of customers across the world
To support their rapidly expanding organisation, they are in need of an infrastructure engineer to join their operations team to aid in the system monitoring, performance and capacity management improvements
Essential skills include:
- Tenacious, passionate and willing to take ownership.
- Effective time management, organisation and work prioritisation to meet deadlines while maintaining excellent attention to detail.
- Logical approach to solving problems under pressure and an active communicator on technical issues.
- Windows and/or Linux (Red Hat derivatives) systems and services.
- Community and/or commercial containerisation technologies.
- Hypervisor (VMware) and Hyper Converged Infrastructure.
- Highly available enterprise SAN, NAS and Object storage services.
- Scripting/development skills in preferably one or more of the following - bash, Python, Golang, PowerShell.
- Experience automating and managing infrastructure at scale using tools such as Ansible, Jenkins and Chef is an advantage.
- Collecting and visualising metric and log data using tools such as Splunk, Elastic or Prometheus.
On a day to day basis, you will be:
- Providing a quality and personable support experience to the business.
- Incident, Request, Change, Problem and Knowledge management (ITIL).
- Using system data and tools to gain deep insight into the platforms for troubleshooting and proactive problem analysis.
- Recognising areas for continuous improvement through improved system monitoring and visibility, while automating the simple and simplifying the difficult.
- Collaborating with other technology specialists within the teams. Challenging what we do, identifying how to maximise our current technology investment, and recognising how we can benefit from emerging technologies.
- Integrating new services into the Operations space that have minimal operational overhead (automated, measured and maintainable).
- Performing system maintenance, upgrades and IT service continuity testing activity.
In return, you will have the opportunity to work in a large organisation where there is plenty of room to grown into more senior roles as well as pick up new skills. The salary is highly competitive as well so please don't hesitate to get in touch if you are interested!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's