Pre Sales Consultant
|Job Title:||Pre Sales Consultant|
|Salary:||£50000 - £60000 per annum + 15% OTE|
|Contact Name:||George Longhurst|
|Job Published:||May 08, 2017 10:30|
Hunter Charles is seeking an individual with experience of supporting the IT sales cycle to join its growing sales team. Our client is currently enjoying considerable success in four key areas:
· Application management
· Application migration
· Data migration, consolidation and analytics
· Secure Collaboration / Secure Working
Working principally in the public sector, Hunter Charles has a number of prestigious contracts with central Government clients as well as a steadily increasing private sector presence. Our client undertakes both end-to-end IT projects as well as targeted engagements that focus on consultancy, business analysis, design and build, and managed services.
We are looking for a creative and technically aware Pre Sales Consultant to support an increasing number of new business opportunities.
The successful candidate will be supporting our sales team in developing and winning new business as well as retaining and upgrading existing clients. Working alongside our Bid Managers they will take a leading role in the creation of compelling bids and tenders, working with specialist resources to originate technical content.
The Pre Sales Consultant will be a key figure in client meetings and presentations and be able to field questions on a broad range of topics. They will also assist in the creation and update of internal documentation and marketing content.
Required Skills & Capability
The successful candidate will come from a Sales, Pre-Sales, Solution Consultant, or Technical Consultant background and you will have worked on multiple successful bids in the public or private sector. The individual will be:
· Adept at reviewing and summarising client requirements, helping the sales lead to develop a win strategy and ensuring this is reflected in any outputs.
· Able to identify key information on the requirement, establishing what the client is aiming to achieve and the outputs they expect
· Have a keen eye for detail and an ability to infer requirements that are not explicitly stated.
· Experience of working in large bid teams and coordinating responses from multiple contributors to develop a consistent whole.
· Able to abstract complex technical concepts such that they present business values to stakeholders at all levels.
· Able to demonstrate an ability to communicate technical solutions in both written and presented formats, to stakeholders from operational to C Level.
· Confident in using their understanding of the client's business and technical requirements to guide and support the technical resources engaged in any bid.
· The role will require the individual to build an understanding of a broad set of technologies, processes, and frameworks and so the ability to rapidly learn and understand will be a crucial skill.
Desirable Skills & Experience
· Experience/understanding of the following is beneficial but not essential:
· Central Government
· Open Source
· IT Security
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level with a minimum award of a 2:1. Graduates from any field will be considered. More important are the 'transferable skills' that the successful candidate will use in their daily work, particularly written and spoken presentation. Being able to demonstrate an ability to rapidly research and understand new and novel topics is of considerable benefit.
Terms of Employment
Hammersmith or Woking based (depending on what is best for the candidate) but travel required to Bristol/Bath will also be required when working on some opportunities.
Monday to Friday - 37.5 hour week
All staff are security cleared to SC level and as such all applicants need to have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years.