Senior User Researcher
|Job Title:||Senior User Researcher|
|Salary:||£45000 - £65000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Phoebe Faulkner|
|Job Published:||September 20, 2019 09:32|
Senior User researcher // Permanent // London
Would you like to work for a forward-thinking organisation, as part of a collaborative team?
As Senior User researcher you would play a leading role in fulfilling the user research needs of priority projects as part of a highly agile development team. You will use a range of research methods and techniques to deliver insight on consumers and organisations to inform policy and principles of best practice for working with Data.
A user focused approach is key in establishing user research practices into a team, establish a user centred culture, and continually monitoring and improve practices. Confidence will be important when explaining user needs to senior civil servants and acting as a persuasive advocate for those needs both within the team, the wider organisation and across government.
Key duties include:
- Plan, design, prepare and run user research activities (such as; contextual discovery, diary studies, prototype testing, accessibility testing, experience mapping etc.) to support the design, development and continuous improvement of digital products and services.
- Working with product and services owners in order to develop and advocate appropriate research strategies to understand user needs for a service and continually test and improve products and services
- Design and run contextual and discovery research to gain a deeper understanding of the needs of all users of a service.
- Manage the usability and accessibility testing process from beginning to end from; recruiting participants, designing test tasks, and preparing discussion guides, to test moderation, analysis and presenting results
- Work closely with designers and developers to turn user research findings into stories and actions that lead to valuable product and service features
- Lead the design, execution and analysis of quantitative surveys
- Define user centred KPIs, working closely with analytics colleagues, to create a rich picture of user behaviour to tell the full story of how and why people use our services.
- Foster a culture of team involvement in user research, team analysis, design rationale and decision making based on a user centred approach.
- Lead colleagues to analyse research data and synthesis findings so that research can be shared and traced.
Salary - £45-65,000
Benefits would include: flexi-time, pension scheme, season ticket loan/cycle to work scheme, subsidised gym, childcare vouchers.
If you are interested, click and apply to learn more.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's