|Job Title:||Software Engineer|
|Salary:||Up to £0.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Zoe Latuszka|
|Job Published:||July 18, 2019 18:53|
Interested in joining a team who are highly driven and collaborative, using modern technologies and with career development fundamental to everything that we do?
You'll be working collaboratively within a fully agile multidisciplinary team, in a digital by default environment that puts user needs at the heart of everything we do. You'll be designing, creating, supporting and improving new and existing digital products and platforms. You'll evaluate and implement new tools and techniques to improve productivity and quality measurement. You'll also be a practitioner in GDS Digital Service Standards and Agile delivery principles.
We are driving transformation change through new technologies and ways of working in a modern, technically focused, data driven organisation. We're also offering the opportunity to work on the latest scalable digital technologies, to ensure this project meets the needs of the users.
Role responsibilities include but aren't limited to:
- Designing software products to serve a variety of user needs, and enhancing existing software products to meet evolving user needs
- Supporting a continuous delivery environment, using effective delivery and deployment techniques
- Maintaining and supporting services, identifying, locating and competently fixing faults, and taking proactive actions to avoid service disruption
- Sharing knowledge of tools and techniques; identifying and sharing good practice and collaborating to improve the capability of the team
- Service-oriented architectures and micro-services
- Multiple (two or more) languages (Java/Python or similar), with a proven ability to select and apply them appropriately, taking into account accessibility and reusability
- The creation and management of continuous integration, delivery and deployment pipelines, and proposing improvements to existing pipelines
- Multiple test techniques, informing test approaches, ensuring consideration of non-functional requirements such as performance, security and accessibility
- Circumventing the need for operational tasks and liaising with other teams to improve operational efficiency.
You'll have experience of:
- Infrastructure as code
- Defining, managing & monitoring cloud infrastructure
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£67 - £40000.00 per annum
Junior Software Developer
£24000 - £35000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits & Training
Lead Software Developer
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
£48000 - £64000 per annum + Benefits, pension, flexible working
£400 - £600 per day