SQL Database Administrator
|Job Title:||SQL Database Administrator|
|Location:||Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sean Garbutt|
|Job Published:||October 04, 2019 10:52|
£35,000 - £40,000
Would you like to be part of a market leading global organisation that is a driving force in the development of technology?
My client is constantly growing and looking for individuals to join their team and make their mark on the company. As a SQL DBA, you will become a vital part of the Infrastructure department and be responsible for supporting the organisations databases and ensuring their performance, availability, scalability and security.
You will be experienced and passionate about working with large databases and using your knowledge and skill-set to work with stakeholders in all levels of the organisation to ensure optimisation.
- Responsible for the day-to-day availability of the servers to ensure high performance and availability of the databases.
- Being responsible for the QA of all Production database releases and ensure that standards are followed for fit deployment.
- Following and improving internal processes to ensure that they are accurate and consistent when carrying out database deployment and requirement requests.
- Supporting end user and business ad hoc requests as required.
- Responsible for monitoring, reporting on and maintaining the reporting activity and trends on the database servers.
- Responsible for the setup/upgrade and installation of all database servers ensuring that they are optimised to provide high availability, scalability and optimum performance.
Essential Experiences & Skills
- Commercial experience with SQL Server and/or RIAK
- Experience with SQL Server high availability features including: CDC, replication, extended events and logshipping.
- Experience of MySQL, PostgreSQL and/or Oracle databases.
- Experience with windows failover clustering and Powershell.
- Experienced and comfortable working with all levels of the organisation and presenting project status to other teams in cross functional meetings.
This position will require you to work certain shift patterns. If you believe that you do have the required experience for this position or wanted to find out more then please apply or forward me your most recent CV.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's