Technical Project Manager
|Job Title:||Technical Project Manager|
|Salary:||£400 - £500 per day|
|Start Date:||Jan 2020|
|Contact Name:||Zoe Latuszka|
|Job Published:||December 17, 2019 08:54|
Technical Project Manager
6-Month contract (Option to renew for further 6 months)
Role of the Technical Project Manager
The Technical Project Manager will be responsible for the delivery of projects assigned under the Technology Services Development Programme and from the existing ICT change programme. To develop and oversee the delivery of ICT projects in line with anticipated business need and the ICT strategy, meet the specifications agreed, make best use of existing and new technologies to ensure they are delivered on time, to budget and to the expected quality.
The Technical Project Manager will lead and manage on projects liaising with the current managed service provider and internal ICT resources to ensure project success. As well as the formal project responsibilities the Project Manager has an important role in interfacing between current and potential suppliers, business areas and with the ICT management team and their peers.
Specific responsibilities of the Technical Project Manager
- Managing and delivering projects including but not limited to the new Data Centre solution
- Working closely with colleagues across ICT and wider business stakeholders to understand the requirements to be addressed and to ensure the solutions meet clearly defined and agreed business needs.
- Managing any identified third-party suppliers within the projects
- Planning and monitoring the project, adopting any delegation and use of project assurance roles within agreed reporting structures
- Preparing and maintaining project, stage and exception plans as required
- Managing project risks, including the development of contingency plans
- Monitoring overall progress and use of resources, initiating corrective action where necessary and assisting with obtaining resources, support and advice for the projects
- Applying change control and configuration management processes
- Reporting on project progress through highlight reports/presentations and end-stage assessments to the Programme Manager or Deputy Head of ICT
- Representing ICT at programme boards providing programme updates and influencing senior stakeholders
- Maintaining an awareness of potential interdependencies with other projects and their impact
- Adopting and applying appropriate technical and quality strategies and standards
- Managing project administration
- Conducting a project evaluation review to assess how well the project was managed
- Preparing any follow-on action recommendations
Skills and attributes needed to be the Technical Project Manager
- Be able to demonstrate at least 5 years' experience and a track record of successfully delivering complex technology-related projects within challenging timescales to defined quality and cost parameters, ideally within the Public Sector and preferably within Local Authorities
- Evidence an understanding of public sector contracts and procurement processes
- Demonstrate experience of managing the full life cycle of projects
- Have experience of working within mixed-sourced service delivery models
- Have experience of project managing technical projects to a successful outcome by application of a PRINCE2 project management approach
- Be able to establish a good working relationship with senior ICT managers, colleagues, suppliers and customers and be able to work confidentially and sensitively with all stakeholders.
- Have the capability to effectively communicate technical issues to non-technical people both verbally and in writing, including the effective chairing of meetings and presentations.
- Have awareness of IT-specific industry standards and frameworks e.g. ITIL
- Be willing to work on-site and off-site
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's